Requests for Proposals
Following is a listing of active Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Qualifications (RFQs) and program nominations being solicited by the Department of Community Planning and Economic Development (CPED).
General Conditions are terms and conditions that the City expects all of its Contractors to meet. By proposing, the proposer agrees to be bound by these requirements unless otherwise noted in the Proposal. The proposer may suggest alternative language to any section. Some negotiation is possible to accommodate the proposer’s suggestions.
- The City of Minneapolis is seeking proposals from organizations to administer the Façade Improvement Matching Grant Program in commercial corridors, neighborhood commercial nodes, activity centers, and Hiawatha and Central Corridor Light Rail Transit (LRT) station areas. The City provides Façade Improvement Matching Grant administration contracts to organizations as an incentive to encourage private investment in and improve the appearance of our neighborhood business districts. The Department of Community Planning and Economic Development (CPED) issued the 2014 Façade Improvement Program RFP on Friday, September 27, 2013. Proposals are due on Thursday, October 31, 2013 by 4:00 p.m. For more information, contact Jimmy Loyd at (612) 673-5026.
- CPED is seeking applications for acquisition assistance for commercial development projects located on commercial and transit corridors and at commercial nodes through the Capital Acquisition Revolving Fund. Open application period.
- CPED is seeking applications for gap financing assistance for commercial development projects in neighborhood business districts (map of eligible areas) through the Great Streets program . Open application period.
Employment & Training
- CPED is seeking a STEP-UP Education Services provider for the STEP-UP Summer jobs program. Please forward this link to anyone that may be interested in responding to this RFP. Proposals are due Friday, October 25, 2013 by 4:00 p.m.
Questions & Answers
- Capri Block Redevelopment Request for Proposals. The City of Minneapolis is soliciting development proposals for the southeastern corner of the Penn-West Broadway node. The site is commonly referred to as The Capri Block and is located in the Near North neighborhood of north Minneapolis. Proposals are due no later than 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 12, 2013.
RFP Document (pdf)
Site Survey (pdf)
Exhibit A-Development Objectives (pdf)
Exhibit B-Area Map (pdf)
Exhibit C-Consent for Release of Response Data (pdf)
Exhibit D-Development Pro Forma MHFA Form 402 (xls)
Exhibit E-SUBP Goals Request Form (pdf)
Exhibit F-Offer to Purchase City Property (pdf)
Exhibit G-North Minneapolis Investments Map (pdf)
- Green Homes North Round 3 Request for Proposals and Developer Selections
The Round 3 request for proposals was released on August 2, 2013 with proposals due on Friday August 30, 2013 for Design Phase1 and Tuesday December 10, 2013 for Design Phase 2. The program funds will assist developers with development gap financing for new construction. Green Homes North is funded by the Minnesota Housing Finance Agency, the City of Minneapolis and the Family Housing Fund with 2-3% loans available from the Twin Cities Community Land Bank. CPED offered over two million dollars in funding for 27 new green homes in the first two funding rounds. CPED will offer approximately one million in funding for the third funding round.
- CPED is a suballocator of Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) for the state. Tax credits are offered through an annual RFP process pursuant to the Qualified Allocation Plan. Proposals are due annually.
- Affordable Housing Trust Fund Program funds are used to provide gap financing (the difference between conventional financing and project costs) for affordable and mixed-income rental housing production and preservation projects. Proposals are due annually.
- CPED seeks nominations for projects to include in its new Higher Density Corridor Housing Initiative . The program provides a new funding source for public acquisition of sites for multifamily housing development on or near community, commercial and transit corridors. Open application period.
- Sign up to receive announcements on CPED-related funding and site development opportunities available through RFP application cycles throughout the year.
- The City of Minneapolis and the Hennepin County Office to End Homelessness has issued a Request for Proposal for Homeless Outreach Services. These services are needed for the City of Minneapolis. Please consider submitting a proposal for providing these services if your firm meets the qualifications, can formalize a partnership with one or more organizations to complete the proposal and is available. Please review the RFP for details located at the link below. Proposals are due by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 5, 2013. Thank you for your consideration.
Online information from the City of Minneapolis at MinneapolisMN.gov/CPED
Last updated Oct. 31, 2013