Requests for Proposals
Following is a listing of active Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Qualifications (RFQs) and program nominations being solicited by the Department of Community Planning and Economic Development (CPED).
General Conditions are terms and conditions that the City expects all of its Contractors to meet. By proposing, the proposer agrees to be bound by these requirements unless otherwise noted in the Proposal. The proposer may suggest alternative language to any section. Some negotiation is possible to accommodate the proposer’s suggestions.
Sign up to receive announcements on CPED-related funding and site development opportunities available through RFP application cycles throughout the year.
- The City of Minneapolis has issued a request for redevelopment proposals for the City-owned property located at 1704 33rd Ave North. The 0.38 acre site consists of the former Minneapolis Fire Station #14 building. The fire station was built in 1940 and was in operation from 1940 until 2006 when a new station was constructed at 2002 Lowry Ave North. The City’s development goals for the site include repurposing the fire station to create an amenity for the neighborhood while also preserving the historic nature of the building. The City is seeking proposals that include small-scale retail/commercial or small-scale office redevelopments. Mixed-use retail/office redevelopments will also be considered.
Questions regarding the RFP must be submitted in writing (preferably via email) to Casey Dzieweczynski (City of Minneapolis, Department of CPED, 105 Fifth Avenue South, Suite 200, Minneapolis, MN 55401) no later than Monday, February 16, 2015, at 4:00 p.m. Questions will be answered and posted on the CPED website by Thursday, February 19, 2015.
City staff will be available to open the fire station building for walk-throughs by appointment only on Wednesday, February 4 from 3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday, February 11 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. To schedule an appointment during these times, email Casey Dzieweczynski (Casey.Dzieweczynski@minneapolismn.gov)
Proposals are due to City offices no later than 4:00 p.m. (local time) Thursday, February 26, 2015. Proposals received after the deadline will not be accepted.
- The Department of Community Planning and Economic Development (CPED) is seeking proposals focused on creative and innovative ways to enhance neighborhood business district vitality through Great Streets Business District Support (BDS) Grant contracts. Proposals are due by 4:00 p.m.,Thursday, February 26, 2015.
- CPED is seeking applications for gap financing assistance for commercial development projects in neighborhood business districts (map of eligible areas) through the Great Streets program . Open application period
The City of Minneapolis is seeking proposals for the redevelopment of the area commonly known as The West Broadway Curve. The site is located in the Jordan neighborhood in north Minneapolis. Proposals are due by 4:00 p.m., Friday, March 20, 2015.
- CPED is a suballocator of Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) for the state. Tax credits are offered through an annual RFP process pursuant to the Qualified Allocation Plan. Proposals are due annually.
- Affordable Housing Trust Fund Program funds are used to provide gap financing (the difference between conventional financing and project costs) for affordable and mixed-income rental housing production and preservation projects. Proposals are due annually.
- CPED seeks nominations for projects to include in its new Higher Density Corridor Housing Initiative . The program provides a new funding source for public acquisition of sites for multifamily housing development on or near community, commercial and transit corridors. Open application period.
Last updated Jan 30, 2015