Items for Public Review
To ensure that residents, businesses and others are informed of current programs, projects, policies and activities of the Department of Community Planning and Economic Development (CPED), information is regularly posted on this page for public review:
- Real property acquisition and disposition/land sales
- Development proposals
- Policies (non-administrative)
- Program guidelines and related programmatic allocations
- Development objectives and criteria
- Redevelopment plans and modifications
- Tax Increment Financing (TIF) plans and amendments
- Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for development, and proposals submitted in response to those RFPs
- Updates to the CPED Business Plan
The City of Minneapolis is seeking input on the Lake Street Housing Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Plan (PDF).
The TIF Plan has been prepared to facilitate the construction of a six-story building containing 111 units of affordable rental apartments at the northeast corner of the intersection of West Lake Street and Harriet Avenue South. The units will be a mix of studio, one-, and two-bedroom units affordable at or below 60 percent of the area median gross income.
The TIF Plan establishes a new housing TIF district to help finance various public redevelopment costs and includes a budget for the use of tax increment revenue generated by the new TIF district.
Please submit your comments by noon on Monday, April 8 via e-mail to Tiffany Glasper, Senior Project Coordinator, Department of Community Planning and Economic Development, (612) 673-5221. If you or your group would like to meet to discuss the TIF Plan, or if you have questions, please contact Tiffany Glasper.
It is expected that the TIF Plan will be considered at the following meetings of the Minneapolis City Council and its committees:
Housing Policy & Development Committee
(A public hearing will be conducted at this meeting.)
Wednesday, April 10, 2019 at 1:30 p.m.
Ways & Means Committee
Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 1:30 p.m.
Friday, April 19, 2019 at 9:30 a.m.
All meetings will be held in Minneapolis City Hall, 350 S. Fifth Street, Room 317.
The City of Minneapolis is seeking input on the Year 2020 Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program. This includes proposed changes to the Qualified Allocation Plan and Low Income Housing Tax Credit Procedural Manual. Proposed changes can be found in the documents listed below. Please submit comments by 4:00 p.m. CDT Monday, April 22 to Amy Geisler, Department of Community Planning and Economic Development, (612) 673-5038.
- Summary of Proposed 2020 Housing Tax Credit Program Changes (PDF)
- Proposed 2020 Qualified Allocation Plan (redline) (PDF)
- Proposed 2020 Qualified Allocation Plan (clean) (PDF)
- Proposed 2020 Low Income Housing Tax Credit Procedural Manual (redline) (PDF)
- Proposed 2020 Low Income Housing Tax Credit Procedural Manual (clean) (PDF)
New or updated exhibits
- Exhibit V: ACP50 Map (PDF)
- Exhibit AC: MN Housing’s Income Averaging Rent and Income Grid (xls)
- Exhibit AD: MN Housing’s Income Averaging Certification Form (doc)
- Exhibit AE: Tenant Selection Plan supporting documentation (PDF)
Last updated Mar 12, 2019