Loring Park Neighborhood Master Plan
Citizens for a Loring Park Community (CPLC) conducted a planning process to determine the direction of the Loring Park neighborhood for the next 20 years. This small area plan creates a shared vision for the future of the neighborhood and will be incorporated into The Minneapolis Plan for Sustainable Growth, the City’s Comprehensive Plan. The Loring Park Neighborhood Master Plan will help guide city policy and intervention in this area for years to come. The plan addressed questions like:
- What should be the character of new development?
- Where are the more appropriate locations for future development?
- How can the cultural assets of the neighborhood be enhanced and supported?
- How should historic resources be preserved?
- How can a dense residential neighborhood improve its sustainability for the next generation?
The Loring Park Neighborhood Master Plan was approved by the Minneapolis City Council on October 18, 2013.
- Loring Park Neighborhood Master Plan (pdf)
- Land Use Districts Map (pdf)
- Land Use Plan Map (pdf)
- Built Form Map (pdf)
- Public Realm Improvements Map (pdf)
For more information about the planning process and to view the Discovery documents, please visit the Citizens for a Loring Park Community (CLPC) website.
For more information contact:
Beth Elliott, Principal City Planner
City of Minneapolis
CPED-Long Range Planning Division
105 5th Avenue South, Room 200
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Last updated Dec 6, 2013