Summer Stairs and Fountains
Description: Revitalization of Peavey Plaza
Location: Nicollet Avenue and 11th Street, adjacent to Orchestra Hall
Status: The City selected oslund.and.associates in November 2010 to provide landscape architecture services for the revitalization of the City-owned Peavey Plaza space. The 2010 Minnesota Legislature earmarked $2 million in state bond funds. The design was developed in 2011 in collaboration with a Community Engagement Committee and a public open house was held Wednesday, October 19.
- Annotated Site Plan
- PowerPoint Summary
- Water Wall and Concert
- Nicollet Including Pergola
- Nicollet Including Concessions and Trees
- Night Aerial
- Day Aerial
- Winter Including Skating Rink
Project Scope: oslund.and.associates is responsible for designing for the revitalization of Peavey Plaza from programming through construction administration. The City and the Minnesota Orchestra planned a two-phase design effort:
- Phase I: Programming, concept design, and budget development. This phase will include meetings with the community engagement committee as required to gather input and develop the program. Phase 1 will not exceed $250,000.
- Phase II: Schematic design through construction administration. Total landscape architecture services of Phases 1 and 2 will not exceed 12% of the total cost of the project.
Schedule: Phase I design concept approval will be considered in committee on October 25 and final council action is scheduled for November 4, 2011. Construction will begin in spring 2012. A grand opening is planned for summer 2013.
Budget: The total project cost will be finalized with design development later this year, but is estimated to be in a range between $8-10 million including hard and soft costs.
City Contact: Beth Grosen, (612) 673 5002
Last updated Dec. 22, 2011