Nicollet Island - East Bank Small Area Plan
The Nicollet Island-East Bank Small Area Plan is now in the City’s formal plan approval process through the Planning Commission and City Council. The proposed approval schedule is as follows:
- September 15, 2014 – City Planning Commission public hearing. Agenda and materials will be posted here when available.
- October 9, 2014 – City Council Zoning and Planning Committee. Agenda and materials will be posted here when available.
- October 17, 2014 – Full City Council. Agenda and materials will be posted here when available.
The draft plan is available below, in the Draft Plan section.
The Nicollet Island – East Bank Small Area Plan (SAP) project objective is to define the community’s vision for future development in the Nicollet Island – East Bank (NI-EB) area over a 20 year time horizon.
This project was initiated in spring, 2013 by the Nicollet Island – East Bank Neighborhood Association (NIEBNA) Board of Directors with the support of the Northeast Business Association (NEBA) and in coordination with the Community Development and Economic Development (CPED) Department of the City of Minneapolis. The planning process is now complete, and the plan is ready for review.
- Community Visioning Session Notes
- Summary of Key Strategies Exercise
- Post-it Note Activity
- Activity Maps
Contacts for more information
Nicollet Island - East Bank Neighborhood Association (NIEBNA), President
Haila Maze, AICP, Principal City Planner
Community Planning & Economic Development (CPED)
105 5th Avenue South, Room 200, Minneapolis, MN 55401
Phone: (612) 673-2098; Fax: (612) 673-2728
Last updated Sep 9, 2014