Individual Referral Program (IRP)
The Individual Referral Program (IRP) is a comprehensive process to determine appropriate training options for low-income Minneapolis residents based on vocational assessments, career research, counseling, career-decision making, and school selection.
Individual selection for this program is determined by the Minneapolis Employment and Training Program (METP).
- City of Minneapolis residency
- Documented low-income status
- An appropriate education plan
- Not enrolled in Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP)
- Willingness to work immediately after completion of training
There are limited funds and many eligible applicants for this program. Being eligible and applying does not guarantee that you will receive funds.
Contact Leah Temkin at (952) 417-2108 to sign up for an IRP orientation, or if you have any questions.
This page is maintained by: Doug Suker
Last updated May. 30, 2012