Minneapolis Youth Council
The next Minneapolis Youth Council meeting time will be posted here when available.
The Minneapolis Youth Council is a multijurisdictional advisory policy group that has been designated to focus on the local youth workforce system on behalf of the local Minneapolis Workforce Council. The Youth Council is instrumental in the design, development, and provision of services to help youth achieve successful transitions to further education and employment.
Minneapolis Youth Council Members
Mary S. Abrahamson
Catherine Smith Edlund
Minneapolis Youth Council New Member Recruitment
The Minneapolis Employment & Training Youth Council is looking for new members!
The Youth Council is a multijurisdictional advisory policy group that focuses on the local youth workforce. As a member of the youth council you would be working to engage youth service entities in policy development, the design of a comprehensive local youth system, and the development of a local youth workforce plan.
The Youth Council is looking for:
- Minneapolis Workforce Council members with interest or expertise in youth policy
- Representatives of youth service agencies including
- sheltering agencies for homeless youth
- juvenile justice and law enforcement
- Individuals with experience relating to youth activities
- A parent of a youth eligible for youth programs
- Participants of a youth employment program
- Minneapolis Public Schools
- Representatives from underrepresented groups, including but not limited to Latino, American Indian, and Hmong communities
The full Minneapolis Youth Council meets five times a year; January, March, May, September and November with optional attendance at the July STEP-UP Worksite Tour.
Meetings start at 8:30 a.m. and continue until 10:00 a.m. Special meetings may be called when appropriate. Meetings are held at different locations throughout the year.
The Youth Council also consists of two subcommittees: 1) Programming; and, 2) Outreach and Advocacy. The subcommittees work together and offer strategies and solutions around issues identified by the full youth council and/or employment and training staff. The subcommittees meet during the Council’s off months.
Last updated Jul 16, 2014