Minneapolis Employment and Training
City of Minneapolis Pathways Fund
The City of Minneapolis has established a fund to assist employers with recruiting, training or preparing un- or underemployed Minneapolis residents with the skills needed to fill positions in their business.
For more information please contact Michael Slezak at (612) 673-5187.
Business/Employer Services & Tools
Minneapolis Employment and Training provides a variety of tools and resource links to assist Minneapolis businesses with employment, training and talent recruitment.
Register to Exhibit at the April 18th IT Career Hiring Fair
Employer are cordially invited to exhibit at an upcoming IT Careers Hiring Fair, at 800 West Broadway, in Minneapolis. We’re hosting this April 18th event as part of our Minneapolis Tech Month. This exciting career fair will provide you with an opportunity to meet available IT candidates at the North Minneapolis CareerForce location.
Exhibitors are welcome to arrive at noon for a one-hour workshop, featuring an overview of the new careerforcemn.com on-line platform. Employer participation is free of charge, and the career fair portion runs from 1-3 p.m. To RSVP, please contact Marie Larson at (612) 673-5292.
Recruitment, Hiring, Training, and Retaining Talent
Minneapolis Employment and Training and its provider network can:
- Screen and refer qualified, recently trained, diverse applicants
- Broadcast job opening quickly and for free:
Employers access career fairs, services, and resources to attract, grow, and retain talent:
- Exhibit at job fairs to meet candidates for your open positions
- Contact Marie Larson, Industry Relations Manager, at 612-673-5292
- Create customized training and apprenticeships for your current and future workforce:
- MN PIPELINE Grants to train incumbent workers
- Apprenticeship information at MN Department of Labor and Industry
- Minnesota Job Skills Partnership Grant
- Business/Employer Services & Tools: Inclusive Hiring Guide
- Mentor Tomorrow’s Workforce Today
- City of Minneapolis’ Step Up Youth Employment Program
Business Assistance and Resources
- City of Minneapolis department of Community Planning and Economic Development (CPED) Business Assistance and Finance Program Information
- Labor market data and industry trends
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC), a Federal tax credit incentive to private-sector businesses for hiring individuals from nine target groups
- Minnesota Job Bank
- Minnesota Department of Employment & Economic Development (DEED)
- The Shared Work Program
Labor and Demographic Trends
- Minneapolis Department of Civil Rights
- Minneapolis Development Review
- Minneapolis Living Wage Ordinance and Job Linkage Programs
Education, Training and Research
- Minnesota Internet System for Education and Employment Knowledge (ISEEK)
- James J. Hill Reference Library
- Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
- Hennepin County Libraries
Contact Marie Larson at 612-673-5292 to learn how Minneapolis Employment and Training can help support your business.
Last updated Apr 5, 2019