Community Planning & Economic Development
Grow North Homebuyer Assistance
Eligible homebuyers have access to down payment and closing cost loan programs offered by the City of Minneapolis. (Source: The City of Minneapolis)
The City of Minneapolis has a down payment assistance program focused on the Northside! Grow North Homebuyer Assistance is available to anyone who works with an employer located in North Minneapolis and wants to own a home there, too. Qualified applicants who have a household income at or below $108,500 can receive up to $10,000 in down payment assistance towards a house, townhome, condominium or duplex in the Near North or Camden communities.
Grow North Homebuyer Assistance is administered by the North Minneapolis-based nonprofit BuildWealth MN. The goal of the program is to help residents be able to live, work, play and achieve homeownership in the neighborhoods they love. Grow North Homebuyer Assistance stems from the City’s Grow North program, a financial incentive package aimed at bringing jobs-intensive business investment to North Minneapolis.
Latest News from CPED
- Nominations Sought for 2019 Minneapolis Preservation Awards, 1/17/19 (PDF)
- City of Minneapolis Receives Gold Award of Excellence in Economic Development from the International Economic Development Council, 10/25/18 (PDF)
- Discover Minneapolis Manufacturing! Tour H&B Elevators and Unison Comfort Technologies, 10/1/2018 (PDF)
- Discover a New Career at the Northside Community Job and Resource Fair, 9/14/18 (PDF)
- Energy Business Technical Assistance Program (E-TAP) Offers Small Businesses Energy Cost-Saving Resources, 9/13/18 (PDF)
Last updated Jan 18, 2019