Minneapolis Homes Development Assistance
The Minneapolis Homes program is releasing a RFP for its Development Assistance Program and RFQs for its Long Term Affordability (LTA) and Home Ownership Works (HOW) Programs.
Qualified entities may apply for funding for new construction 1-4 unit homes on City-owned lots through the Development Assistance RFP. A portion of funds are reserved for LTA and HOW approved developers. Entities must be approved through the LTA RFQ or HOW RFQ if they wish to apply for funding specific to those programs.
Important dates are:
- Friday, September 21, 2018 – RFP and RFQs posted.
- Thursday, September 27, 2018 from 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – In-person training held at North Regional Library, 1315 Lowry Ave. N. Minneapolis, MN 55411.
- Wednesday, October 10, 2018 – RFQ for LTA or HOW due to be considered for LTA/HOW specific funding in RFP.
- Wednesday, October 17, 2018 – Notification of LTA or HOW applicants if approved.
- Wednesday, October 31, 2018 at 12:00 p.m. – due date for electronic submittal of proposals.
- November 2018 – City Council approval of HOW developers
- January 2019 – City Council approval of recommended projects.
Development Assistance Program Request for Proposals
Minneapolis Homes Development Assistance Request for Proposals (PDF)
Eligible RFP Lot List (xls) UPDATED Prices
Eligible RFP Lot Interactive Map
Minneapolis Homes RFP Training Slides (PDF)
Minneapolis Homes Program Manual (PDF)
Developer Application (submit one copy of each document, see RFP for details):
Development Assistance Application (doc)
Affirmative Action Plan – see Minnesota Department of Civil Rights website,
Documentation of Financing – see RFP for acceptable documentation
Lot Preference List (xls)
Property Offer (submit for each property address applied for):
Offer to Purchase (PDF)
New construction plans – see Offer to Purchase for acceptable documentation
BPO - Broker's price opinion that supports the sales price
Long Term Affordability Application (if applicable) (xls)
Enterprise Green Communities Criteria
Minnesota Green Communities Intended Methods (xls)
HUD Income Limits
Minnesota Housing Impact Fund Income Limits
Section 3 Business and Residents List (PDF)
Small and Underutilized Business Program List (PDF)
Minneapolis Development Review Guide (PDF)
Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) Manual (only applicable to NSP funded projects) (PDF)
FHA Mortgage Limits
HOME Funds Maximum Sales Price
RFP Questions and Answers (PDF)
Single Family Appraisal Panel (PDF)
Previous City Programs
For more information contact Kevin Knase, (612) 673-5231.
Last updated Nov 29, 2018