Minneapolis Homes Development Assistance
The Minneapolis Homes Development Assistance (MHDA) Program provides funding for new construction 1-4 unit homes on City-owned lots through the Development Assistance request for proposal (RFP).
The MHDA RFP submissions are due at 12:00 p.m. (noon) on Wednesday, August 28, 2019.
An in-person technical assistance training was held on Wednesday, July 31, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at University of Minnesota Robert J. Jones Urban Research and Outreach-Engagement Center (UROC), 2001 Plymouth Ave North, Minneapolis, MN 55411.
Please sign up for our newsletter to ensure you’re notified when the RFP is published.
Development Assistance Program Request for Proposals
Program form documents for RFP applicants
- Minneapolis Homes Development Assistance Summary and Checklist (PDF)
- Eligible RFP Lot List (xls) - updated 8/6/19
- Eligible RFP Lot Interactive Map
- Minneapolis Homes RFP Training Slides (PDF)
- Minneapolis Homes Program Manual (PDF)
- Passive Housing Funding Pilot (PDF)
Developer Application (submit one copy of each document, see RFP for details)
- General Application (doc)
- Affirmative Action Plan – see Minnesota Department of Civil Rights website
- MHDA Application Addendum (doc)
- Documentation of Financing – see RFP for acceptable documentation
Property Offer (submit for each property address applied for)
- Offer to Purchase (PDF)
- New construction plans – see Offer to Purchase for acceptable documentation
- BPO or Appraisal - Broker's price opinion that supports the sales price/completed project’s value
- Proforma (xls)
- Long Term Affordability Financing (if applicable) (xls)
Program form documents for funded developers
- Housing Development Checklist (doc) – this document guides you through program document requirements at each step of your project
- Requesting disbursement instructions (PDF)
- Proforma (xls) – submit at application, closing, and final reconciliation
- Draw Requisition Form (xls) – use to track project expenses throughout your project
- Request for Change Order (xls) – required for any cost changes, submit to Construction Management Specialist
- Disbursement Request Form (doc) – use this to request a disbursement from Project Coordinator
- Request for Disbursement Instructions (doc) – instructions on how to submit a request for disbursement
- Green Communities Checklist (xls) – submit both at closing and after construction completion
- Sworn Construction Statement (xls)
- Tennessen Warning (PDF) – collect this when obtaining private data from purchasing household
- Income Eligibility Worksheet (doc)
- Homebuyer Household Characteristics Form (doc)
Additional compliance resources
- Enterprise Green Communities Criteria
- Minnesota Green Communities Intended Methods (xls)
- HUD Income Limits
- Minnesota Housing Impact Fund Income Limits
- Section 3 Business and Residents List (PDF)
- Small and Underutilized Business Program List (PDF)
- Minneapolis Development Review Guide (PDF)
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) Manual (only applicable to NSP funded projects) (PDF)
- FHA Mortgage Limits
- HOME Funds Maximum Sales Price
- RFP Questions and Answers (PDF)
- Single Family Appraisal Panel (PDF)
Applicants are encouraged to research properties thoroughly. Below are links to resources that could be of assistance:
- Property Info: for information about the building, zoning, sales, inspections, tax, assessment, and license history connected to a property.
- Minneapolis Zoning Code: for information about the allowable uses within different zoning designations click on “Primary Zoning Districts”.
- Major public works improvement projects: lots located along streets with major improvements planned may have future assessments. Contact the Public Works department for more information.
- Topographic maps: the City of Minneapolis encourages development of accessible or visitable housing on sites with suitable topography.
- Drafters available for scope writing: a list of drafting and specification writing businesses familiar with the City of Minneapolis’ plan review process.
Previous city programs
For more information contact Kevin Knase, (612) 673-5231.
Last updated Aug 9, 2019