Public Service Center Block
The City of Minneapolis is seeking to sell for redevelopment of four contiguous parcels of land on the “Public Service Center Block” in the Downtown West neighborhood – 250 South 4th Street, 217 South 3rd Street, 215 South 3rd Street and 309 2nd Avenue South (collectively, the development property). The City will only entertain proposals to purchase all four parcels, although development can be phased. Two other parcels on the block are privately-owned and are NOT part of this RFP.
Request for Proposal (RFP) information
Public Service Center Block RFP submissions are due by Friday, December 6, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
There was an optional pre-proposal meeting on Friday, November 1 at 9:00 a.m. at Crown Roller Mill, located at 105 5th Avenue South, Suite 200. Questions are due on or before November 8th with responses posted by November 15th. Questions should be submitted to Chuck Lutz.
- Pre-proposal meeting presentation (PDF)
- Pre-proposal meeting attendees (PDF)
- Floor plans (PDF)
- Sustainability goals for development (PDF)
- Questions and answers (PDF) (updated November 15, 2019)
- Minneapolis 2040
- Prevailing Wage policy
- Job Linkage program and Living Wage policy
- Responsible public spending ordinance (PDF)
- Development Structure for Fire Station 1 (see section titled “Future Fire Station 1”) (PDF)
- Downtown Parking Overlay District
- DMNA Letter Approving Development Objectives/Additional Recommendations (PDF)
- Evaluation of Historic Significance – Public Service Building (2015) (PDF)
- Evaluation of Historic Significance – City of Lakes Building (2015) (PDF)
City’s Unified Housing Policy
Minnesota Unified Certification Program (MNCUP)
Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment
Last updated Nov 15, 2019