The City of Minneapolis is seeking proposals for redevelopment of two contiguous parcels of land in the Cedar Riverside neighborhood – Lot A, which is owned by the City and Lot A1, which is owned by Hennepin County. Both lots are near and northwest of the corner of 4th Street South and Cedar Avenue.
The City seeks to create an Africa Village cultural area and public market, which will provide both shopping and economic development opportunities for rising entrepreneurs. The development may also include affordable housing, public/community space and parking.
Request for Proposal (RFP) Information
Lot A RFP submissions are due by Friday, January 10, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
There will be an optional pre-proposal meeting on Friday, November 15 at 10:00 a.m. at Crown Roller Mill, located at 105 5th Avenue South, Suite 200.
- Pre-proposal meeting presentation (PDF)
- Pre-proposal meeting handout/images (PDF)
- RFP questions and answers (PDF)
- Minneapolis 2040 Plan
- Cedar Riverside Small Area Plan
- Lot A Vision and Planning document
- West Bank Station Area Implementation Study
- Cedar Riverside Partnership Resolution Recommending Development Objectives for Lot A Redevelopment RFP
- Sustainable Development on Lot A (PDF)
City of Minneapolis Policies and Programs
- Unified Housing Policy
- Prevailing Wage Policy
- Job Linkage Program
- Small and Underutilized Business Program
For questions contact Emily Stern.
Last updated Dec 6, 2019