800 West Broadway
800 West Broadway is a unique collaborative opening doors to employment, education and healthy living. The State of Minnesota is moving the current North Minneapolis WorkForce Center located at 1200 Plymouth Avenue N, Minneapolis to a more centrally located, larger space at 800 West Broadway Avenue, Minneapolis in late 2016. This new location will be easier for customers to access by public transportation, but with the increased space allows for an innovative partnership with Minneapolis Public Schools (MPS) and NorthPoint Health & Wellness to provide benefits such as:
- Opportunities for youth and adults to complete high school diploma and GED.
- Medical, behavioral health and dental services.
- New retail in a prime location on West Broadway.
News & Project Updates
Estimated Project Cost: $8M
City of Minneapolis Tax-Increment Financing
Hennepin County Property Value Reduction
Met Council Tax Base Revitalization Account Grant
Builder/Developer: Sherman Associates, Inc.
Key Contacts at Sherman Associates:
- Commercial leases: Rob Kost, CCIM
Vice President - Commercial Properties
Sherman Associates, Inc.
- Contracting & Workforce: Andy Headding
Project Coordinator – Construction
Building Size/Layout: The building is two-stories and approximately 47,000 sq. ft. The North Minneapolis WorkForce Center and NorthPoint Health and Wellness will be on the first floor along with retail space (tenant not determined). An educational center headed by MPS will be on the second floor.
Transportation/Parking: The building is located centrally on the 14 and 30 and near the 5 and 22 bus lines. Onsite parking will be available for those who have disabilities. Staff working in the building will be able to park in the Hawthorne Crossings Mall less than 150 yards away.
- Floor Plans and Project Benefits
- Presentation Summarizing Project and Status (pdf) (12/7/15)
- Nexus Report (pdf)
- City Council Action (pdf)
- TIF Plan (pdf)
Ongoing Opportunities to Get Involved
We are seeking additional public input on the programming at the proposed West Broadway Education and Career Center. Every second Tuesday of the month from 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. you can get a project update, ask questions, and or share feedback.
North Minneapolis WorkForce Center
1200 Plymouth Avenue
Contact Ibrahim Noor, North Minneapolis WorkForce Center Manager for more information at 612-821-4411.
- February 2016 Minutes (pdf)
- January 2016 Minutes (pdf)
- December 2015 Minutes (pdf)
- October 2015 Agenda (pdf) and Minutes (pdf)
- May Invitation (pdf), Attendees (pdf), and Education Pathways Update (pdf)
- 2014 Minneapolis Community Technology Survey (pdf)
- Community Engagement Analysis (pdf)
Construction work began late November, 2015 and will be completed by September, 2016.
Last updated Feb 10, 2017