Community Planning & Economic Development
View the Minneapolis 2040: Imagining Equity Videos
Community members scroll through the Imagining Equity Crankies: Minneapolis' Past and Present during last year's Minneapolis 2040 engagement events. (Source: City of Minneapolis)
During the Minneapolis 2040 engagement events, community members interacted with an artist-designed engagement tool called Imagining Equity. The Imagining Equity Crankies are visual scrolls that illustrate Minneapolis’ past and present through a racial equity lens.
Five-year-old to eighty-year-old community members scrolled through the crankies during the engagement events. As they scrolled, each participant interpreted the visual narratives of Minneapolis’ past and present. An online version of the crankies was created for participants who could not make it to the in-person events. The videos are available with a voice-over narration that explains the images. This way, the crankies can be viewed by a wider audience, as well as have some context behind the imagery.
Latest CPED News and Events
- Community Discussion about Preventing Displacement on May 21st and May 23rd.
- 2019 Teen Job and Opportunity Fair
- Nominations Sought for 2019 Minneapolis Preservation Awards, 1/17/19 (PDF)
- City of Minneapolis Receives Gold Award of Excellence in Economic Development from the International Economic Development Council, 10/25/18 (PDF)
- Discover Minneapolis Manufacturing! Tour H&B Elevators and Unison Comfort Technologies, 10/1/2018 (PDF)
- Discover a New Career at the Northside Community Job and Resource Fair, 9/14/18 (PDF)
- Energy Business Technical Assistance Program (E-TAP) Offers Small Businesses Energy Cost-Saving Resources, 9/13/18 (PDF)
Last updated May 14, 2019