Introducing LIMS, a new tool to track local legislation.  Click to enter LIMS.

Constituent Representation

Most people understand that Council Members are elected policymakers. But Council Members are, first and foremost, elected to represent their constituents—the residents of their wards. And while the policymaking function is predominate, representational duties performed by Council Members are equally important in helping residents solve problems, address challenges, and identify opportunities. As a consequence, constituent representation and service is a significant priority that encompasses a great deal of time for each Council Member and their staffs.

Casework—usually called constituent service—assures the Council Members maintain a direct line to their constituents. This enables them to keep track of issues and developments affecting their wards. Each Council Member employs a small staff to assist them in serving their constituents. These aides receive and respond to inquiries, requests for assistance or information, and complaints; facilitate communications with other local, regional, state, and national government agencies; and work with constituents to address and resolve problems.

Ward Office Directory

Ward 1McDonough, Shannon612-673-2003
Brock, Lisa612-673-2201
Ward 2Garwood, Robin612-673-3654
Olsen, Nancy612-673-2202
Ward 3Ritchie, Heidi612-673-3142
Farley, Zack612-673-3126
Ward 4White, Jennifer612-673-3313
Lange, Dawn612-673-2204
Ward 5Broom, Sean612-673-3198
Yang, Mike612-673-2205
Ward 6Salah, Abdi612-673-3315
Schuster, Leda612-673-2206
Ward 7Sadler, Patrick612-673-3195
Weakly, Ruth612-673-2207
Ward 8Lopez Lara, Sara612-673-3569
Sirdar, Deebaa612-673-2208
Ward 9Gomez, Aisha612-673-3196
Ortega, Margarita612-673-7145
Ward 10Harris, Ron612-673-3197
Wallace, Lindsey612-673-2210
Ward 11Dybvig, John612-673-3314
Petersen, Mary612-673-2211
Ward 12Murphy, Suzanne612-673-2378
Nelson, Kate612-673-2212
Ward 13Killian, Kendal612-673-3199
Day, Patty612-673-2213

Get Involved

Good government depends on the involvement of informed residents, and the Council encourages public input to better reflect the needs and priorities of their wards and the community at-large. To learn more about how you can get involved and have your voice heard in the policy-making process.

Other Resources


Last updated Mar 2, 2017



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 


311 call center

TTY relay service


facebook25x25 twitter25x25 youtube25x25 Minneapolis311icon logo tv 14 footer icon image linkedin_32x32