Official Notices on Public Health Emergency
On March 16, 2020, Mayor Frey declared a local public health emergency.
The declaration of emergency gives the Mayor authority to proclaim emergency regulations.
Following emergency regulations in response to the COVID-19 public health emergency have been signed by the Mayor.
March 16, 2020
- Emergency Regulation No. 2020-1: Orders temporary closure of bars, restaurants and places of public accommodation
March 17, 2020
- Emergency Regulation No. 2020-2: Order allows the city to make purchases and contract for services more quickly to meet public health and safety needs
- Emergency Regulation No. 2020-3: Amending Emergency Regulation 2020-1 by adding to the list of public accommodations closed to include “adult day care center” or similar facility, center, or business
- Emergency Regulation No. 2020-4: No new land use application accepted during declared emergency period.
- Emergency Regulation No. 2020-5: Waiver of late fees for renewal of food, taxi, liquor, wine, beer, or catering licenses.
March 19, 2020
- City Council adopts resolution approving and extending the Mayor's Declaration of Local Public Health Emergency
March 20, 2020
- Emergency Regulation No. 2020-6: Creates an interim designation to be applied to emergency responders, in alignment with the federal Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act (H.R. 6201), and addresses leave(s) tied to illness, quarantine, or closure of schools or places of care as a result of COVID-19. The regulation also authorizes additional leave for all City personnel.
- Emergency Regulation No. 2020-7: Suspends license renewal installment fees for liquor, wine, or beer.
March 21, 2020
- Emergency Regulation No. 8: Amends the list of places of public accommodation that are closed or otherwise restricted during the declared local public health emergency to include any commercial pedal car licensed by the City
March 29, 2020
- Emergency Regulation No. 9: Amends emergency procurement/purchasing provisions under Emergency Regulation 2020-02
April 9, 2020
- Emergency Regulation No. 10: Rescinds Emergency Regulations 2020-4.
April 23, 2020
- Emergency Regulation No. 11: Sets rules for licensed congregate health care facilities.
May 21, 2020
- Emergency Regulation No. 12: Requires face coverings for indoor public locations.
May 26, 2020
- Emergency Regulation No. 13: Temporarily expands and relaxes zoning and business licensing regulations.
March 21, 2020
Last updated May 29, 2020