How to Apply
When to Apply
The application for the program will be open January 7 to February 18, 11:59 PM (CST).
If you are interested in being an Urban Scholar placed at the Metropolitan Council, you must complete their application which typically closes December 14.
If you are interested in being an Urban Scholar placed at Hennepin County, you must complete their application which will be open January 28 to March 1.
Components of the Application
Please review the Application Guide before applying and follow all instructions.
You must upload all the following items with the application:
- Resume (including education and relevant course work, skills, languages spoken, unpaid experience, volunteer experience, work history, and accomplishments [i.e. honors, awards, etc.]).
- Unofficial transcript labeled with your student information (i.e. name, major, etc.).
- Essay In a 1-2 page, 1.5 spaced essay, please describe how you have exhibited each of the below qualifications in your personal, academic, or professional journey. This is NOT a cover letter. Please answer each essay question in a separate paragraph. The completed essay must be uploaded under the attachment type "Other" in the online application.
- Cultural Competency: The ability to understand, appreciate and interact with persons from cultures and/or belief systems other than one's own.
- Altruism: Cares about other people and their needs without regard for their own needs and thinks about other groups who have a stake or interest in various projects, initiatives, or activities.
- Teamwork/Collaboration: Take a broad view of the team concept and considers values, opinions, and preferences of other group members in completing tasks and in decision making.
- Resiliency/Adaptability: Shows resiliency in the face of obstacles, setback and other sources of stress; gets back up and moves forward. Adapts well to changing conditions and recognizes when changes in priorities, direction or the pace of activities appear necessary.
Please remember to answer all supplemental questions within the application.
Where to Find the Application
The application is hosted on NeoGov. The button below will take you directly to the application.
I submitted an application, what comes next?
Key Dates for Next Steps:
Feb 18 - Application Closes
Feb to Early March - Staff screens applications
March 8 - Candidates notified of interview status
March to Early April - Interviews
April 8 - Job offers begin
Last updated Feb 14, 2019