Contract Compliance Division
The Contract Compliance Division (CCD) monitors City of Minneapolis construction and development, commodities and supplies, and professional and technical services contracts by enforcing related local and federal civil rights and wage laws and policies. CCD monitors City contracts to ensure that minorities, women and low income business owners and workers have access to employment and contracting opportunities and that workers are paid appropriate wages. CCD is responsible for ensuring compliance in five primary program areas: affirmative action, minority and women business inclusion, minority and female employment, Davis Bacon and prevailing wage, and HUD Section 3 contracting and employment. CCD is also a certifying agency of the Minnesota Unified Certification Program (MNUCP), a statewide collaboration, certifying disadvantaged businesses.
Minneapolis City Code of Ordinances
- Title 7, Chapter 139.50 (Minneapolis Civil Rights Ordinance - MCRO)
- Title 16, Chapter 423 (Small and Underutilized Business Program - SUBP)
- Title 2, Chapter 24 (Public Works – prevailing wage)
- Title 2, Chapter 18.90 (Purchasing – acceptance of bids)
Code of Federal Regulations
- Title 49, Part 26 (DBE Certification)
- Title 24, Part 135 (Section 3 – low income businesses and employment)
- Title 29, Part 5 (Davis Bacon – prevailing wage)
The City of Minneapolis aims to provide equal opportunities to all businesses, with an effort to redress discrimination in the City’s marketplace by setting various goals on city projects. The City has a number of programs to work towards this effort including:
- Small and Underutilized Business Program
- Housing and Urban Development Section 3
- Construction Workforce Goals
- Supplier Diversity
Pre-Award Compliance Review
All contracts in excess of $50,000 are subject to a pre-award compliance review. A comprehensive review of the pending contract is conducted; this includes a review of the firms’ affirmative action planning and good faith efforts to meet set goals and policies.
Throughout the duration of the contract, CCD monitors compliance with all applicable requirements, laws, and policies.
Interested in working on City contracts?
To stay up-to-date on RFP's and bids published by the City please sign up for our email alerts.
Last updated Oct 22, 2014