Policy and Procedure Committee
- Jennifer Singleton (Chair)
- Amran Farah
- Afsheen Foroozan
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accept assignments from the Commission to consider areas of concern in the Minneapolis Police Department’s policies and procedures identified at regular Commission meetings, including but not limited to areas of concern the Commission identifies when discussing the monthly case summaries.
- Liaison with staff of the Minneapolis Civil Rights Department to identify any Department resources available to assist in the subcommittee’s work.
- The Policy and Procedure Committee is intended to supplement, but not replace, the general authority of the Commission to carry out a program of improving Minneapolis Police Department policies and procedures. The Policy and Procedure Committee will facilitate the coordination of research and study, and will aid the Commission in identifying areas of further study that the Commission may overlook.
- The committee will also request and recommend ad-hoc committees to pursue courses of research and study as needed.
The Policy and Procedure Committee meets regularly on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m. in room 241 of Minneapolis City Hall, 350 S. 5th St, Minneapolis MN 55415.
- January 12, 2016 Chair Report
- February 09, 2016 Chair Report (Jan. Meeting Minutes)
- March 08, 2016 Chair Report
- January 13, 2015 Chair Report
- February 10, 2015 Chair Report (Jan. Meeting Minutes)
- March 10, 2015 Chair Report (Feb. Meeting Minutes)
- April 14, 2015 Chair Report (March Meeting Minutes)
- May 12, 2015 Chair Report (April Meeting Minutes)
- June 09, 2015 Chair Report
- July 14, 2015 Chair Report
- August 11, 2015 Chair Report
- September 08, 2015 Chair Report
- October 13, 2015 Chair Report
- November 10, 2015 Chair Report
- April 8, 2014 Chair Report
- May 13, 2014 Chair Report
- June 10, 2014 Chair Report
- July 8, 2014 Chair Report
- August 12, 2014 Chair Report
- September 09, 2014 Chair Report
- October 14, 2014 Chair Report (Sept. Meeting Minutes)
- November 18, 2014 Chair Report
- December 09, 2014 Chair Report
Issue Tracking Queue
- The Policy and Procedure Committee maintains a tracking spreadsheet of issues under consideration. The sheet tracks the issue, subissues, and case summaries that highlight the issue. View Google spreadsheet.
- PCOC Body Camera DC Memo
- Request Information Letter- Stop Frisk 2014/08/27
- Request Information Letter - Body Cameras 2014/08/24
Last updated Mar 7, 2016