Southside Green Zone Council Vacancies
The Southside Green Zone Council was created to serve as an advisory board to the City Council on the implementation and evaluation of the Southside Green Zone Work Plan. The Southside Green Zone Council will be responsible for attending meetings, holding the City of Minneapolis and related partners accountable to the timely and effective implementation of the work plan, informing and engaging community members on the status of the work, developing a fundraising plan and overseeing its success by guiding the Green Zone staff and advocating for resources, and providing policy and program recommendations to the City Council.
Deadline: Open until filled.
- Seat 9: Voting member. Southside Green Zone resident, Council appointed 2-year term beginning January 1, 2019 and ending December 31, 2020.
- Seat 10: Voting member. Southside Green Zone resident, Council appointed 2-year term beginning January 1, 2019 and ending December 31, 2020.
- Seat 11: Voting member. Southside Green Zone resident, Council appointed 2-year term beginning January 1, 2019 and ending December 31, 2020.
- Seat 12: Voting member. Southside Green Zone resident, Council appointed 2-year term beginning January 1, 2019 and ending December 31, 2020.
- Applicants must be residents living within the geographic boundaries of the Southside Green Zone of the City of Minneapolis.
- Explicitly support the successful implementation of the Southside Green Zone.
- Have been impacted by cumulative pollution; or demonstrate expertise in environmental justice, climate resiliency, or cumulative health impacts.
- Equitably reflect the cultural, linguistic, racial, and demographic makeup of the community that lives in the Southside Green Zone.
Send completed forms to [email protected], or by fax: 612-673-3812, or:
City Clerk Appointments
Room 304, 350 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55415-1382
You can apply on your own behalf, nominate others for consideration, or inform the City Clerk's Office of someone to whom you'd like application materials to be sent.
When the appointment cycle is open, applications are received by the City Clerk’s Office. A Selection Committee comprised of community members who reside in the Southside Green Zone, and Mayor and City Council representatives review the applicant pool and provide a recommended slate of applicants to serve on the Green Zone Council. Community members who apply to serve on the Green Zone Council will not be eligible to sit on the selection committee. Selected applicants will be forwarded to the full City Council for approval.
Please contact the Board Staff or the City Clerk’s office regarding the application process or to learn more about the Southside Green Zone Council:
Board Contact: Kelly Muellman
The Southside Green Zone Council will meet as a whole on a bi-monthly basis during a regularly scheduled, standing meeting to oversee and support the Southside Green Zone Work Plan implementation and evaluation. Meeting times and locations will be determined based on Council members’ availability.
If you need this material in an alternative format please call City Clerk’s Office at (612) 673-2216 or email [email protected].
Deaf and hard-of-hearing persons may use a relay service to call 311 agents at (612) 673-3000. TTY users may call (612) 673-2157 or (612) 673-2626.
Attention: If you have any questions regarding this material please call 311 at (612) 673-3000.
Hmong - Ceeb toom. Yog koj xav tau kev pab txhais cov xov no rau koj dawb, hu (612) 673-2800;
Spanish - Atención. Si desea recibir asistencia gratuita para traducir esta información, llama (612) 673-2700;
Somali - Ogow. Haddii aad dooneyso in lagaa kaalmeeyo tarjamadda macluumaadkani oo lacag la’ aan wac (612) 673-3500.
Last updated Apr 5, 2019