Bicycle Advisory Committee Vacancy
The Bicycle Advisory Committee was created in 1990 and re-organized in 2001 and 2010. The Committee’s purpose is to advise the Mayor, City Council, and Park Board on bicycling related issues such as:
- advance the state of bicycle infrastructure by reviewing proposed bicycle facilities and other projects likely to have an impact on bicyclists as a voice for end users;
- encourage more people to bicycle, both to meet their daily needs and for recreation through such activities as participation in bike/walk celebrations and coordination with the Bicycle Ambassador program;
- educate the public on safe and conscientious bicycling;
- work towards more compliance with traffic laws by both bicyclists and drivers through better enforcement;
- help the City and Park Board make bicycle plans and evaluate progress;
- work to increase equity between bicyclists and other modes of transportation, especially equity in resource allocation;
- review and suggest legislative and policy changes that will have an impact on bicyclists;
- recommend priorities for the use of public funds on bicycle projects, both infrastructure and programming;
- help ensure that Mpls keeps and improves its status as a bicycle friendly community; serve as both a liaison between Mpls communities and the City and Park Board; coordinate between different agencies that interact with bicyclists.
Deadline: The application review process will begin on Friday, March 30, 2018.
There are currently thirteen (13) Council appointed vacancies for terms beginning June 1, 2018 and ending May 31, 2020. Applicants must be community members. All community members must live or own in Minneapolis.
Send completed forms to [email protected], or by fax: 612-673-3812, or:
City Clerk Appointments
Room 304, 350 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55415-1382
You can apply on your own behalf, nominate others for consideration, or inform the City Clerk's Office of someone to whom you'd like application materials to be sent.
Committee Contact: Matthew Dyrdahl, 612-673-3642, [email protected]
City Clerk Contact: 612-673-2244, [email protected]
Thirteen Ward-specific members of the bicycling community to be selected by Council Members and reviewed by the Transportation and Public Works Committee for recommendation to the full City Council.
Meetings are monthly and dates and times are to be determined. There is no compensation for serving on the committee. Bicycle parking is provided.
Should you require a reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate, or information in an alternative format, please contact the Office of City Clerk at 612-673-2216 or [email protected]. People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000. TTY users call 612-673-2157.
Para asistencia 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.
Last updated Mar 6, 2018