Public Health Advisory Committee (PHAC)
The Public Health Advisory Committee (PHAC) was created to advise the City Council and the Health Department on policy matters affecting the health of Minneapolis residents and to serve as liaisons between the City and the community in addressing health concerns. In this role, PHAC shall make every effort to ensure that the concerns addressed and represented reflect the diverse viewpoints and interests of the Minneapolis community as a whole.
Deadline: The application review process will begin Friday, October 5, 2018.
There are currently eleven (11) vacancies.
· Seat 1: Ward 1, Council Appointment; Ward 1 representatives. 2-year unexpired term beginning January 1, 2018, and ending December 31, 2019.
· *Seat 3: Ward 3, Council Appointment; Ward 3 representatives. 2-year term beginning January 1, 2019, and ending December 31, 2020.
· *Seat 4: Ward 4, Council Appointment; Ward 4 representatives. 2-year term beginning January 1, 2019, and ending December 31, 2020.
· *Seat 5: Ward 5, Council Appointment; Ward 5 representatives. 2-year term beginning January 1, 2019, and ending December 31, 2020.
· *Seat 6: Ward 6, Council Appointment; Ward 6 representatives. 2-year term beginning January 1, 2019, and ending December 31, 2020.
· *Seat 7: Ward 7, Council Appointment; Ward 7 representatives. 2-year term beginning January 1, 2019, and ending December 31, 2020.
· *Seat 13: Ward 13, Council Appointment; Ward 13 representatives. 2-year term beginning January 1, 2019, and ending December 31, 2020.
· *Seat 14: Mayor Appointment.
· *Seat 16: Hennepin County Human Services.
· *Seat 18: Member at Large.
· Seat 20: Member at Large.
*Note: seat may have incumbent seeking re-appointment.
Send completed forms to [email protected], or by fax: 612-673-3812, or:
City Clerk Appointments
Room 304, 350 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55415-1382
You can apply on your own behalf, nominate others for consideration, or inform the City Clerk's Office of someone to whom you'd like application materials to be sent.
Applications are forwarded from the City Clerk to the Committee, Staff forward to Mayor, and City Council President staff for consideration. Applications are reviewed by the Public Health, Environment, Civil Rights & Engagement Committee for recommendation to the full Council.
Committee Contact: Margaret Schuster 612-673-2301, [email protected]
City Clerk Contact: 612-673-2216, [email protected]
Meetings are held the fourth Tuesday of the month from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. in City Hall, room 132. More information about the Public Health Advisory Committee can be found at: http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/health/phac/index.htm or through the Committee Contact listed above. There is no compensation for attending the meetings. The committee meeting locations are accessible to persons with disabilities.
The committee shall have up to 20 voting members composed of 14 residents who live or work in Minneapolis and up to 6 other representatives. The resident members shall be selected by having each of the 13 City Council members appoint one resident of their respective wards, with one resident representative appointed by the Mayor. The 6 remaining representatives are appointed by City Council and represent the respective interests of: the Minneapolis Public Schools - Health Related Services; Hennepin County Human Services and Public Health; and, the University of Minnesota School of Public Health. In addition, up to 3 At-Large appointees are recommended by the PHAC to ensure that committee membership reflects the diverse interests and perspectives of the community.
If you need this material in an alternative format please call City Clerk’s Office at (612) 673-2216 or email [email protected] Deaf and hard-of-hearing persons may use a relay service to call 311 agents at (612) 673-3000. TTY users may call (612) 673-2157 or (612) 673-2626.
Attention: If you have any questions regarding this material please call 311 at (612) 673-3000.
Hmong - Ceeb toom. Yog koj xav tau kev pab txhais cov xov no rau koj dawb, hu (612) 673-2800;
Spanish - Atención. Si desea recibir asistencia gratuita para traducir esta información, llama (612) 673-2700;
Somali - Ogow. Haddii aad dooneyso in lagaa kaalmeeyo tarjamadda macluumaadkani oo lacag la’ aan wac (612) 673-3500
Last updated Aug 6, 2018