Bicycle Advisory Committee
The Bicycle Advisory Committee was created in 1990 and re-organized in 2001 and 2010. The Committee’s purpose is to advise the Mayor, City Council, and Park Board on bicycling related issues such as:
- advance the state of bicycle infrastructure by reviewing proposed bicycle facilities and other projects likely to have an impact on bicyclists as a voice for end users;
- encourage more people to bicycle, both to meet their daily needs and for recreation through such activities as participation in bike/walk celebrations and coordination with the Bicycle Ambassador program;
- educate the public on safe and conscientious bicycling;
- work towards more compliance with traffic laws by both bicyclists and drivers through better enforcement;
- help the City and Park Board make bicycle plans and evaluate progress;
- work to increase equity between bicyclists and other modes of transportation, especially equity in resource allocation;
- review and suggest legislative and policy changes that will have an impact on bicyclists;
- recommend priorities for the use of public funds on bicycle projects, both infrastructure and programming;
- help ensure that Mpls keeps and improves its status as a bicycle friendly community; serve as both a liaison between Mpls communities and the City and Park Board; coordinate between different agencies that interact with bicyclists.
Application review process will begin on Friday, April 25, 2014.
There are thirteen (13) Council appointed vacancies for a terms beginning June 1, 2014 and expiring May 31, 2016. These vacancies are made up by one citizen representative from each Ward (1-13).
Applications are available by clicking on the application links;
or by contacting the Office of the City Clerk at email@example.com or 612-673-2244. Persons may apply on their own behalf, nominate others for consideration or inform the Office of the City Clerk of persons to whom they wish application materials be sent.
Applications must be submitted to the Office of the City Clerk.
- Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail or deliver your application to:
- City Clerk Appointments
Room 304, 350 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55415-1382
- City Clerk Appointments
- Fax your application to: 612-673-3812
Committee Contact: Simon Blenski, 612-616-7345, email@example.com
City Clerk Contact: Jozie Nummi, 612-673-2244, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thirteen Ward-specific members of the bicycling community to be selected by Council Members and reviewed by the Transportation and Public Works Committee for recommendation to the full City Council.
Meetings are monthly and dates and times are to be determined. There is no compensation for serving on the committee. Bicycle parking is provided.
If you need this material in an alternative format please call Lance Knuckles at (612) 673-2919 or email Lance.email@example.com. Deaf and hard-of-hearing persons may use a relay service to call 311 agents at (612) 673-3000. TTY user may call (612) 673-2157 or (612) 673-2626.
Attention: If you have questions regarding this material please call 311
Hmong - Ceeb toom. Yog koj xav tau kev pab txhais cov xov no rau koj dawb, hu (612) 673-2800;
Spanish: Atención. Si desea recibir asistencia gratuita para traducir esta información, llama (612) 673-2700;
Somali - Ogow. Haddii aad dooneyso in lagaa kaalmeeyo tarjamadda macluumaadkani oo lacag la' aan wac (612) 673-3500.
Last updated Apr. 15, 2014