Minneapolis Police Conduct Oversight Commission
The Minneapolis Police Oversight Commission was created to assure that police services are delivered in a lawful and nondiscriminatory manner and provides the public with meaningful participatory oversight of police policy & procedure. The Commission has a variety of responsibilities, which may include:
- Reviewing police department policies and training procedures
- Collecting, reviewing and auditing summary data & compiling aggregate statistics relating to complaints of police misconduct
- Facilitating, along with the police department, appropriate cultural awareness training for sworn officers
- Contributing to the performance review of the Chief of Police
- Creating and implementing a community outreach program & coordinating outreach activities with the Minneapolis Commission on Civil Rights
- Promote and engage a cross section of the community stakeholders in the implementation of the plan
7 members; 4 selected by the City Council, with 3 selected by the Mayor, subject to approval by a majority of the City Council.
The members are appointed using the City's open appointment process.
Term of Appointment
Each member shall be paid $50.00 for each day when the member attends one (1) or more meetings
Yes, must be a resident of Minneapolis
Last updated Sep 11, 2015