The RiverLake Greenway is a bike and pedestrian corridor in south Minneapolis. It runs east-west along stretches of 40th Street East and 42nd Street East, about midway between the Midtown Greenway and the Minnehaha Creek corridor.
The bike walk corridor features several unique infrastructure improvements designed to aid safety and accessibility for bicyclists and pedestrians. It has striped bike lanes at its eastern and western ends, and the region’s first bicycle boulevard in the middle, along the greenway’s longest segment.
Grand opening celebration
Several activities are planned for the grand opening of the RiverLake Greenway on Saturday, June 11. Please join us for the following activities:
Saturday, June 11
1 to 5 p.m.
- 1 p.m. – Opening program and ribbon cutting
East 42nd Street and West River Parkway
- 1 to 5 p.m. – RiverLake Bike Walk destinations
Check in at stops along the RiverLake Greenway and enter for a chance to win prizes.
- 2 to 4 p.m. – Bicycle decorating, bike walk parade and youth bike rodeos
Hiawatha School Park, 42nd Street and 43rd Avenue
- 2 to 3 p.m. – Hiawatha School Park
- 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Calvary Lutheran, 39th Street and Chicago Avenue
- 3 to 4 p.m. Martin Luther King Park, 40th Street and First Avenue
- 2 to 4 p.m. – Concessions and Bike Walk Fair
Sibley Park, 40th Street and 19th Avenue
For a map of the greenway, see Riverlake Map.
More information is available at the Bike Walk Week Twin Cities website.
Last updated Jan. 27, 2012