Bicycle Advisory Committee
The role of the Minneapolis Bicycle Advisory Committee (BAC) is to promote both commuter and recreational bicycling, to advocate for bicycling infrastructure improvements, to encourage safe riding, and to involve people interested in bicycling issues throughout the city.
The BAC functions as an advisory committee to the Mayor and City Council as well as the Park Board and serves as a liaison to bicyclists, businesses, neighborhoods, and other communities and agencies.
BAC membership consists of appointees from each ward; three at-large parks board appointees; and voting members representing the City Council, City departments and partner organizations such as Minneapolis Public Schools, Metro Transit and MnDOT.
All BAC Meetings are open to the public. The main BAC meeting takes place on the 4th Wednesday of each month, 4:00 to 6:00, in Room 333 in Minneapolis City Hall (map).
The BAC includes two sub-committees that meet regularly:
- Engineering/Equity/Evaluation - 3rd Tuesday of the month, 4:00-6:00 PM in the Crown Roller Mill Building (105 5th Avenue South, map), CPED offices - 2nd Floor Conference Room.
- BAC Contact: Lisa Peterson Bender (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Education/Encouragement/Enforcement - 2nd Thursday of the month, 4:00-6:00 PM in the Commuter Connection office (US Bank Plaza Building, 220 S. 6th Street, Suite 230 - Skyway level, map)
- BAC Contact: Andrew Rankin (email@example.com)
December 2012 Meeting Schedule
- Education/Encouragement/Enforcement Sub-Committee - December 6th, 4:00-6:00PM
- Engineering/Equity/Evaluation Sub-Committee - December 11th, 4:00-6:00PM
- Full BAC - December 19th, 4:00-6:00PM
If you plan to attend an upcoming meeting, you may wish to contact City staff to confirm the time and location.
City Staff Contact: Shaun Murphy, (612) 333-2450, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated Nov. 20, 2012