Volunteer at Open Streets - 150 People Needed
The City of Minneapolis and the Minneapolis Bicycle Coalition are planning four Open Streets events this summer and each event needs volunteers. Open Streets is a free event that invites everyone to enjoy Minneapolis streets without the presence of motor vehicles. The first event is June 23rd on Lyndale Avenue South. Shifts will run approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes in length. Choose from time slots throughout the day.
A wide range of volunteers are needed to staff the event. Volunteer roles include:
- Street Monitors: Help with set up of intersection barricades and intersection monitoring
- Roving Ambassadors: Hand out schedules, administer surveys, and create a friendly atmosphere
- Clean Up Crew: Help ensure the street is clean and there are places for trash throughout the day
- Set Up/Break Down Crew: Help with moving materials before and after the event
We are also seeking teams of volunteers (4-20 people). Join the dozens of volunteers already signed up -- register to volunteer at one of the four events.
Use these links to sign up:
- Lyndale Avenue South, Sunday, June 23, 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Central Avenue Northeast, Sunday, July 28, 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Minnehaha Avenue South, Sunday August 11, 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Lowry Avenue North, Saturday, September 21, 11:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
If you have any more questions or concerns regarding this event please contact Kevin Kalligher at 612-868-8743 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated Jun 5, 2013