Twin Cities Bike Walk Week Volunteers Needed
Twin Cities Bike Walk Week is looking for volunteers. Bike Walk Week (June 9 - June 15) is an annual series of events and programs promoting and encouraging biking and walking. This year, the City of Minneapolis, in partnership with local bike shops and other businesses, is hosting a network of Commuter Pit Stops in downtown and the surrounding neighborhoods. These Commuter Pit Stops will provide amenities and incentives for bikers and walkers including information on human-powered transportation, safety lights giveaways, and free bicycle repair by bike shop-sponsored mechanics.
Bike Walk Week is looking for volunteers to staff our Commuter Pit Stops. Duties will include:
- Giving out safety lights, “I Biked” and “Walked” Stickers, and other giveaways
- Distributing literature such as maps and informational brochures
- Enjoying our vibrant summer cycling and walking culture
Volunteers for the Commuter Pit Stops are needed for the following times:
- Monday, June 10th, 7:00am-9:00am
- Monday, June 10th, 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Wednesday, June 12, 7:00am-9:00am
- Wednesday, June 12, 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Friday, June 14, 7:00am-9:00am
- Friday, June 14, 4:00pm-6:00pm
If you are interested in volunteering, or if you have any questions, contact Nick Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-201-7701.
Last updated May 6, 2013