Minneapolis Assessor's Office
Permit Cycle Property Reviews Underway
City of Minneapolis assessors are visiting properties in response to building permits or physical changes that may have occurred in the past year.
A City of Minneapolis assessor may contact residents, by letter or Notice of Property Review door tag, requesting an interior review of a property.
The Assessor’s Office has the responsibility of valuing all taxable property on an annual basis. Current and accurate records assist in estimating a property’s market value.
If there are any questions about permit cycle property reviews, please contact the City of Minneapolis Assessor’s Office at (612) 673-3000 or call 311.
Field Review Process
- The assessor will have a City of Minneapolis photo identification badge.
- The assessor will conduct an exterior review of the property.
- The assessor will review the front and rear exterior of your home.
- The assessor will knock on your door and verify information about the property.
- The assessor may ask permission to view the interior of your home. The interior review may be the same day or scheduled for a later date.
- If you are not at home, the assessor will leave a "Notice of Property Review" note on your door.
If there are any questions, contact the Assessor's Office at 612-673-3000 or call 311.
Use the PropertyInfo online search tool to access public-record information for properties located in the City of Minneapolis. Find information about:
Buildings and zoning
Energy use information
Licenses and license history
Taxation and assessed value history
Note: PropertyInfo is optimized for mobile device use. View search tips.
All information provided by PropertyInfo is considered part of the public record in accordance with applicable Minnesota Data Practices laws.
What are Assessors?
If you think your estimated market value is incorrect, please contact our office. A knowledgeable staff member is available to assist you. A deputy assessor will review your property characteristics, market data and valuation.
Please call 311 or 612-673-3000 for assistance.
Minneapolis Property Information (view your property characteristics)
Neighborhood Sales Finder (search home sales in your area)
Property Tax Estimator (see an approximate estimate of this year’s property taxes)
Other Related Links
Last updated Dec 17, 2018