Minneapolis Animal Care & Control works with volunteers to help walk our dogs, cuddle our cats, or be part of our PAW PATROL. In the last year, we have grown our volunteer base from 1 to 100 active volunteers. Our goal is to focus on in-service training for our volunteers to make certain the care of the animals at the shelter is center stage. We are not accepting volunteer applications at this time. Thank you for your interest.
We will not hold a new volunteer information session until fall 2013. Please check back with us.
The volunteer screening process includes the following:
- Submit an Application
- Volunteer Information Session (2 hours)
- 1-1 personal interview with our Volunteer Coordinator (30 minutes)
- Volunteer Orientation Session (3 hours)
- Hands-on Training Session with a current volunteer
- On-going Inservice Training for Volunteers
We ask individuals to volunteer 4 hours per month for a minimum of 6 months. Individuals 16 years of age or older are allowed to volunteer with the signed authorization of a parent/guardian.
A $20 application fee will be collected to cover the entire cost associated with the background screening fee.
Last updated Jan. 20, 2013