Pet Licensing is EASY! How do you prefer to purchase your pet license?
Apply for a Pet License Online - More and more people are using our online pet licensing system, which saves time and city resources. NOTE: Internet Explorer, Chrome and Safari have worked well for licensing. Individuals using Firefox may experience problems as this platform is not compatible with the city's system. Anyone can license online with the following exceptions:
- Your animal has been declared dangerous or potentially dangerous
- You have more than 3 pets (Apply for a multiple animal permit)
- You have outstanding fines or fees owed to MACC
- You are licensing a rabbit. The online system does not allow for proof of rabies vaccination required for rabbits. (You can mail a pet license application or come to MACC in person.) We apologize for this in advance!
The ability to license your pet over the phone with 311 staff has been temporarily suspended. We are working to find a solution to make it safer to license over the phone lines. We hope to have this function available to the public very soon.
Complete the Pet License Application (pdf) and mail it to us.
- IN PERSON
- At the Animal Shelter (212 17th Avenue North, Minneapolis 55411). We are open Monday to Friday 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. OR Saturday 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Minneapolis Development Review located in Minneapolis’ Public Service Center (250 South Fourth Street, Room 300, Minneapolis 55415)
- APPLY IN THE COMMUNITY
To make it easier for our residents to license their pets, we have partnered with a variety of Minnneapolis Vet Clinics and Pet Business Partners, where you can license your pet. Partner Vet Clinics/Pet Businesses
Last updated Mar 17, 2014