Pet Licensing is EASY! How do you prefer to purchase your pet license?
Apply for a Pet License Online - More and more people are using our online pet licensing system, which saves time and city resources. Anyone can license online with the following exceptions:
- Your animal has been declared dangerous or potentially dangerous
- You have more than 3 pets (Apply for a multiple animal permit)
- You have outstanding fines or fees owed to MACC
- You are licensing a rabbit. The online system does not allow for proof of rabies vaccination required for rabbits. (You can mail a pet license application or come to MACC in person.) We apologize for this in advance!
Dial 311 or 612-673-3000 to license your pet over the phone. The 311 staff takes calls Monday to Friday 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Complete the Pet License Application (pdf) and mail it to us.
- IN PERSON
- At the Animal Shelter (212 17th Avenue North, Minneapolis 55411). We are open Monday to Friday 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. OR Saturday 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Minneapolis Development Review located in Minneapolis’ Public Service Center (250 South Fourth Street, Room 300, Minneapolis 55415)
- APPLY IN THE COMMUNITY
To make it easier for our residents to license their pets, we have partnered with a variety of Minnneapolis Vet Clinics and Pet Business Partners, where you can license your pet. Partner Vet Clinics/Pet Businesses
Last updated Aug. 12, 2013