Minneapolis Animal Care & Control works with volunteers to help walk our dogs, cuddle our cats, or be part of our PAW PATROL. We ask individuals to volunteer 4 hours per month for a minimum of 6 months. Individuals 16 years of age or older are allowed to volunteer with the signed authorization of a parent/guardian.
A $20 application fee will be collected to cover the entire cost associated with the background screening fee.
We currently are not accepting applications for volunteers. The 2014 training dates have yet to be announced.
Our next Volunteer Training Series will be held later in 2014. Dates have not been set due to our current strategic planning work related to our Adoption Initiative. Please keep checking back or updates.
The volunteer screening process includes the following:
- Submit an Application
- Volunteer Information Session (2 hours)
- 1-1 personal interview with our Volunteer Coordinator (30 minutes)
- Volunteer Orientation Session (3 hours)
- Hands-on Training Session with a current volunteer
- On-going Inservice Training for Volunteers
Volunteer "cuddling" a kitten Volunteer spending quality time with a puppy
Last updated Jan. 21, 2014