Minneapolis Animal Care & Control works with volunteers to help walk our dogs, cuddle our cats, photograph animal, or be an Adoption Counselor. We ask individuals to volunteer 4 hours per month for a minimum of 6 months. Individuals 16 years of age or older are allowed to volunteer with the signed authorization of a parent/guardian.
A $20 application fee will be collected to cover the entire cost associated with the background screening fee.
MACC is not accepting applications for new volunteers right now. We are currently working to train in a new class of volunteers this summer. If you would like additional information, please contact Caroline.Hairfield@minneapolismn.gov Thanks!
The volunteer screening process includes the following:
- Submit an Application
- Volunteer Information Session (2-3 hours)
- 1-1 personal interview with our Volunteer Coordinator (30 minutes)
- Volunteer Orientation Session (3 hours)
- Hands-on Training Session with a current volunteer
- On-going Inservice Training for Volunteers
Volunteer "cuddling" a kitten Volunteer spending quality time with a puppy
Last updated Jul 30, 2015