Minneapolis Animal Care & Control utilizes volunteers to help walk our dogs, cuddle our cats, photograph animals, be Adoption Counselors, as well as foster animals. We ask individuals to commit to volunteer four (4) hours per month for a minimum of six (6) months. Individuals 16 years of age or older are allowed to volunteer with the signed authorization of a parent/guardian.
A $20 application fee will be collected at the time of a Volunteer Orientation Session to cover the entire cost associated with the background screening.
The next Volunteer Orientation Session is scheduled the last week of October and is currently full. This will be the last Orientation Session for 2016. For additional information, please email Danielle Joerger, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com. Thank You!
The volunteer screening process includes the following:
1. Submit an application ($20 application fee will be due at time of orientation)
2. Attend a Volunteer Orientation Session (approx. 2 hours)
3. Attend class(es) specific to volunteer position
4. Hands-on training with a current volunteer
5. Obtain a volunteer ID badge
Last updated Oct 6, 2016