Last updated on November 6, 2019
What it will look like
When to use
Use a Hero Image when you want to use a wide, vibrant photograph to provide context for the topic of a page. With a strong, short message, this content type can make a page feel distinct and impactful.
- Only ever include one Hero Image on a page.
- Always include a heading.
- Follow best practices for using images.
- Keep the heading very short. 3 - 7 words works best.
- Use the heading on the left when its content flows well with the rest of the page.
- Use the heading on the right to set its content apart from the flow of the page.
Always include an
alt description and heading. Remember that not everyone will be able to see the image.