Service lines and faucets
Your water service line and faucets can be sources of lead.
We take many steps to prevent pipe corrosion.
We follow of Department of Health guidelines, including:
- Adding a chemical called ortho polyphosphate to your water.
- This chemical prevents water line corrosion.
- We maintain an ortho phosphate concentration of 0.4 parts per million.
- Reducing the acidity of the water from the Mississippi River.
- We maintain a pH of 8.8 to 9.0 to keep the water from being corrosive.