- We compare recovered bicycles to descriptions of bicycles reported lost or stolen. When we find a match, we contact the bicycle owner.
- If you have filed a police report, we can search our database for bicycles that match your lost or stolen bicycle.
- To ask about recovered bicycles, contact us.
Here's how to get your lost or stolen bicycle back.
What to do
- Contact us to see if we have your bicycle.
- Pick up your bicycle from the Police Property and Evidence Unit.
- You'll need a valid state identification card or driver's license, a police report filed with the Minneapolis Police Department, and proof of ownership, such as:
- A purchase receipt
- A serial, registration or Operation Identification (OPID) number
- A photo of the owner and the bike
Register your bicycle
You have a better chance of getting your bicycle back if you register your bicycle.