Regular and relative
Property owners and their relatives may qualify for homestead status.
Homestead classification benefits
- Your taxable value may be lowered if your estimated market value is less than $413,800
- You may be eligible for:
- A homestead credit refund
- A market value exclusion for veterans with a service-connected disability
- A reduced property tax rate for people who are blind or disabled
- To apply for a senior citizen tax deferral
To remove homestead status
Once you have homestead status, it remains in place until:
- You no longer occupy the property, or
- You ask us to remove it, or
- You apply for homestead on another property, or
- Your homesteaded property is sold.