Use the homestead exclusion application form if you are a veteran with a disability.
What to know
What you need
- Official military discharge papers (United States Government Form DD214 or other) to verify that you have been honorably discharged.
- Any forms that verify your service-connected disability status as certified by the VA.
Deadline to apply
- Submit your application by July 1.
- If you're approved, the reduced taxable market value will be applied to next year's payable taxes.
Complete the form
- Select the percentage that matches your U.S. Veterans Affairs (VA) disability rating.
Contacts for discharge or disability status information
- Your County Veterans Service Officer, or
- U. S. Veterans Affairs