What you need
Depending on your situation, you will need to attach at least one of these items to your application.
Verification of benefits
- As a surviving spouse of a veteran with a 100% and permanent disability
- As a surviving spouse of a service member or veteran who was totally and permanently disabled
- As a surviving spouse receiving Dependency and Indemnity Compensation
If your spouse died while serving, you need to attach U.S. Government Form DD1300 or DD2064.
Deadline to apply
- Submit your application by Dec. 31.
- If you're approved, the reduced taxable market value will be applied to next year's payable taxes.