Conflict of interest

You can report a financial conflict of interest by a local official or City employee.

What to do

Local officials and city employees must avoid possible financial conflicts of interest. They must disclose a conflict of interest as soon as possible.

Local officials include:

  • The mayor
  • Members of City Council
  • Department heads
  • Appointed non-employee officials

See Code of Ordinances Chapter 15.40

To make a complaint

Use the appropriate form to report a conflict of interest:

  • Local official forms will be distributed to the mayor, the City Council and the City Clerk.
  • Employee forms will be distributed to the employee's immediate supervisor and department head and to the City Clerk.

Contact us

Susan Trammell

Ethics Officer
City Attorney's Office




City Hall
350 S. Fifth St., Room 210
Minneapolis, MN 55415