Twenty City boards and commissions have openings for appointments this fall. Applications are open now. The positions are open until filled; the application deadline is Oct. 1. The City seeks applicants with a diversity of backgrounds and experiences representing the demographics of Minneapolis to strengthen the work of the City. Translation and interpreting services are available so all residents can participate.
City boards and commissions have brought forward recommendations that resulted in healthy and staple foods policies, wage protections and use of body cameras by law enforcement. Board and commission members in the City of Minneapolis help shape key policy decisions, give community-based input into the City’s administration of services and supply valuable insights.
- Animal Care and Control Advisory Board.
- Capital Long-Range Improvements Committee.
- Civil Rights Commission.
- Heritage Preservation Commission.
- Homegrown Minneapolis Food Council.
- Local Board of Appeal and Equalization.
- Minneapolis Advisory Committee on Aging.
- Minneapolis Advisory Committee On People With Disabilities.
- Minneapolis Arts Commission.
- Minneapolis Public Housing Authority.
- Minneapolis Workforce Development Board.
- Neighborhood Revitalization Program Policy Board.
- Planning Commission.
- Police Conduct Oversight Commission.
- Public Health Advisory Committee.
- Southside Green Zone Council.
- Transgender Equity Council.
- Violence Prevention Steering Committee.
- Workplace Advisory Committee.
- Zoning Board of Adjustment.
Boards, commissions and advisory committees
The City of Minneapolis has more than 50 volunteer-based boards, commissions and advisory committees that advise the City on issues and help develop policy and administer services. Boards and commissions fall into a handful of categories: appeal boards, development boards, general advisory boards and special service districts (defined areas within the city with special services).
Appointments to boards and commissions are made twice a year: in the spring and fall.
Potential applicants can find more information at 612-673-2216 or OpenAppointments@minneapolismn.gov.