Operation Safety Net
Operation Safety Net was created by Minnesota law enforcement officials to ensure everyone can safely have their voices heard before, during and after the trial of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin.
- Preserve and protect lawful First Amendment non-violent protests and demonstrations.
- Prevent large-scale violent civil disturbances, assaultive actions, property damage, fires, and looting to government buildings, businesses, and critical infrastructure.
- Hennepin County Sheriff's Office
- Metro Transit
- Minneapolis Police Department
- Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
- Minnesota Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Minnesota National Guard
- Minnesota State Patrol
- Ramsey County Sheriff's Office
- Saint Paul Police Department