Cultural Districts launched new brand and website
- The City Council adopted a resolution recognizing the 38th Street THRIVE Strategic Development Plan.
- The Meet Minneapolis Cultural Districts website and branding was created.
Council passed ordinance to establish Cultural Districts
The Cultural Districts Ordinance and Boundaries were adopted and the current Cultural Districts were established.
Council approved budget for Cultural Districts programming
- The City formed a Work Group to design program criteria.
- The Work Group:
- Held two community stakeholder meetings
- Presented to the City Council
- Mayor Jacob Frey mentioned the creation of Cultural Districts in his 2019 State of the City Address.
- Mayor Frey proposed and the City Council approved Cultural Districts programming money for Cultural Districts funding in the 2020 budget.
- The City Council adopted the Minneapolis 2040 Comprehensive Plan which includes the creation of Cultural Districts.
- Mayor and City Council host Cultural Districts Stakeholder Gathering.
- The City Council adopted Cultural Districts Policy 34 as part of Minneapolis 2040 Comprehensive Plan.