Become a Public Works Service Worker II
Complete the physical agility test
To move forward in the process
You must pass each assigned section of the physical agility test.
We’ll contact you by email to schedule a time for you to take the physical and agility test.
After you've passed
- We'll add you to a list of eligible candidates
- We'll move you forward in the process
Participate in an interview
We'll email selected candidates an invitation for a job interview.
You will need to pass the following tests before we make a final job offer:
- Practical exam
- Background check
- Pre-employment tests (drug & alcohol test, medical exam)
If you move forward in the process, the second part of your interview may be a divisional practical.
You may need to complete a practical for jobs in the following divisions:
- Solid Waste & Recycling - This is an abbreviated road rest in a sanitation vehicle.
- Surface Waters & Sewers - This is a tunnel tour in confined underground spaces.
- Transportation Maintenance & Repair - Bridge - This involves being hoisted in a person-carrying bucket in a bucket truck. This test involves heights.
Complete background checks and pre-employment tests
After the job interview
We’ll make conditional job offers to select candidates.
If you accept a conditional job offer, you're required to complete:
- A background check
- Drug & Alcohol screening
- Medical exam (DOT physical)
If your background check and pre-employment test results meet our employment criteria, we will make a final job offer.