Police officers patrol our city on foot and in a patrol car to keep us safe.
- They are assigned to work out of one of our City's five precincts.
- They typically work 10-hour shifts. Shifts may include weekends.
- Resident interactions
- Answer questions
- Identify and solve neighborhood problems
- Direct the organization of neighborhood crime prevention activities
- Respond to calls for assistance during a crisis
- Investigations and arrests
- Check suspicious activity, property and people
- Make arrests
- Keep records
- Write incident reports
- Testify in court
- Traffic-related issues
- Help people involved in accidents
- Investigate and file accident reports
- Enforce traffic laws