Application deadline is Monday, August 16
We are looking for candidates with:
- A strong sense and commitment for public service
- Outstanding character
- Sound judgment
- Excellent work ethic
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal tact
About the job
- A Community Service Officer (CSO) works for the Minneapolis Police Department while:
- Enrolled in an approved law enforcement program and/or
- Working toward completion of Minnesota Peace Officers Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) licensing requirements
- You assist police officers in the community by promoting communications, understanding and cooperation between the police department and the community.
- This is a civilian position.
- Being a CSO will make you a stronger candidate for becoming a police officer.