June police reform work update
What to know
This report was written by Interim Chief Amelia Huffman in June 2022.
In it, she states:
- Community safety and a culture of policing professionalism are inextricably linked.
- MPD pledges to care for and safeguard the members of this community.
- How we do our work is as important as what we do.
- Every aspect of our professional service must demonstrate our commitment to procedural justice.
She goes on to outline the Minneapolis Police Department's (MPD) efforts to reform:
- Field training officer program updates
- Duty time restriction policy
- Use of force higher level of oversight
- New discipline matrix
- Put in place an early intervention system
- Creation of several new positions, including:
- Mental health professionals
- Community partnership liaisons
- Health and wellness manager
Before you begin
How to find content in the document
- Press Ctrl - F or click the magnifying glass to open search pane
- Enter word or phrase to see results