Ward 10 - Lisa Bender
Explore this section
When I was first elected to serve Ward 10 in 2013, I heard loud and clear from our community a clear desire for change:
- Stronger worker protections
- More housing options, expanded emergency shelter and protections for renters
- Safer streets for all users
- More dedicated action at the local level to racial injustice and climate change
Since then, Minneapolis has made huge progress in responding to these calls for change, in deep partnership with our community. And there is so much more to do.
Despite the challenges of a Presidential administration that repeatedly attacks our local communities, a global pandemic and a national economic crisis, I am focused on continuing all of the work we've accomplished so far together, no matter what barriers and challenges arise. In Minneapolis, we stand 100% ready to fight for civil liberties and freedoms that our country was founded upon and to continue to dismantle and correct our nation's history of racial injustice. We will continue, in the 10th ward office, to bring great care to problems large and small, from flooded alleys and potholes, to community safety, affordable housing, safe streets for all, and worker protections.
My staff and I are happy and honored to work with you and to serve you. All of our work is guided by you: the values, feedback and involvement of the residents of Ward 10. Please keep your emails and calls coming; your ideas inspire us and direct our work. We are always here to help with any question or challenge that we can help solve. It is such an honor to serve and work with you.
Here are just a few of the things we've already accomplished and what we'll keep working on:
- Expanding housing options and improving development quality
- Improving streets for walking, biking, and transit and increasing transportation choice
- Advancing racial and economic justice
- Protecting our health and the environment
Get legislative information
See meeting calendars and agendas. Find the latest information on what City Council is working on.