Yes 4 Minneapolis Citizen Petition map
See the location of valid signatures by registered voters who signed the Yes 4 Minneapolis citizen petition.
How to use the map
Read the data
You can view information about the valid signatures of the Yes 4 Minneapolis petition on this map by:
- Age bracket
To read the details:
- Hover: To read the data element details, place your cursor over the area in the map, or bar graph.
- Click: Click an area on a bar graph or map area to highlight specific information.
For best results:
- View the map in full screen.
- Use Chrome or Firefox as your browser.
Facts about the data
- This data only represents the valid signatures collected and submitted by the Yes 4 Minneapolis organization.
- The Yes 4 Minneapolis Petition was deemed valid by the City on May 17, 2021 with 14,101 valid signatures.
- Each of the 134 precincts had at least one valid signature.
- Ward and Precincts with the largest number of valid signatures:
- Ward 9-Precinct 2 had 464 valid signatures.
- Ward 9-Precinct 6 had 427 valid signatures.
- Wards and Precincts with the lowest number of valid signatures:
- Ward 12-Precinct 7 which is exclusively the Minnesota Veterans Home in the Minnehaha Neighborhood which had 1 valid signature.
- Ward 2-Precinct 7 which includes part of the U of MN and the Cedar Riverside Neighborhood which had 10 valid signatures.
- Neighborhood with the highest number of valid signatures:
- Whitter Neighborhood in Ward 10 with 1,076. This number made up 7.3% of all valid signatures.
- Signatures tended to be from younger Minneapolis registered voters. The median age reflected was 34 years old compared to the median age of all Minneapolis registered voters which is 40 years old.
- Age brackets:
- 33.2% of signees were between the ages of 18 and 29.
- 40.2% were between the ages of 30-44.
- 19.2% were between the ages of 45-64.
- 7.4% were 65 and older.